Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What they dont teach you in business Schools.

I have time and time again repeated there is something’s you can never learn on any business schools. It’s the business acumen and power of observing!
Observing or studying any topic by your own standards will improve the way you look at many things. Many sophisticated businessmen who had never set foot inside a business school attribute their successes to the power of observation. Many business men have made big businesses working from garage. Yahoo’s founders are a living example of this quality. Take the example of Moscow born Sergie Brin who along with his partner Larry started the search engine Google from their Garage ordering pizzas when they were hungry, They never went to MBA schools!
Doing a MBA is a time consuming and costly affair. Always ask yourself what you stand to gain from it. Does your investment of time and money justifies it? Mine didn’t so I dropped the Idea but I am more successful in business owing to my power of observation .Observe like a scientist and deal like a street smart businessmen.
In Paris in 1999 I went to a famous shop which makes and sells very tasty chocolates. I wanted to take some chocolates home as a gift for my wife in India.My wife is a pure vegetarian .I asked if they mix egg in their chocolate and they confirmed positive. So I dropped the Idea of buying any chocolate.The owner came to me asked me the reason!I told him about my wife being a vegetarian.We started chatting as he knew English and I told him about India,the customs and all that extras!He took my address in hope that someday when he will come to Delhi, shall catch up with me. We left it at that!
After 5 months I received a note saying that a French gentlemen will like to meet me.Well I met Guy Perion the son of the Paris chocolate shop owner and he presented me with special variety of chocos without egg in it.
Today he is selling 15 tons of chocolate in India mainly to the 5 star hotels.
The above shows two traits about successful men.Observation and followup!
Make it a habbit and you shall be successful.

No comments: